An Eye for Safety: Protective Eyewear
||These days, it seems every tool you buy carries a warning label imploring you to wear eye protection when using it.
And few of us routinely follow this advice. But don't wait to have a close callor a painful and slow-to-heal eye injuryto start wearing safety glasses or goggles every time.
Your second eye is not a spare part.
Impact Resistant Lens
High Density Face Foam
» Before you choose eye protection, consider the following:
- Eyewear that meets ANSI's Z87.1-1989 specification can stop a projectile such as an errant nail, wood spun out by a table saw or a chunk of masonry debris without the lens shattering or frame breaking.
- Safety glasses that aren't identified as meeting this ANSI standard, often termed "visitor glasses," may keep dust out of your eyes. But don't rely on them to stop significant impact.
- Polycarbonate lenses, which are far more economical than glass safety lenses, scratch easily. Always wet-clean them and dry with them a soft, clean cotton cloth.
- Comfortable fit matters: look for an adjustable model.
- Your breath makes lenses fog over, particularly when you work hard. If you're also wearing a mask, it must fit well around your nose to avoid channeling your breath toward the glasses. Antifog coatings help, but they drive up the price and get scratched easily.
- Get UV protection if you'll be working outdoors.
- Content © CornerHardware.com
» Suggested Products:Here are the basic kinds of eye protection. Choose the right one for your work ...
||The splash and impact protection you need with a sporty new look. The lightweight and stylish glasses come with flexible lens, and side vents to keep the lens from fogging up. The Fly features a silver finish with clear lens and a flat black frame. The soft foam lining provides a snug, yet comfortable fit to help keep dust and particles out. Comes with a stylish carrying pouch. |
||Premium Chemical Splash/Impact goggle is designed to perform and look great. Sporty, ski-style goggle provides great protection, is extra comfortable and conforms to virtually any facial profile. Adjustable straps for secure fit and comfort|
||These goggles feature a built-in ventilation channel to provide extra fog control and ventilation. Dual injected rubber provides for a soft, comfortable seal and the cloth head strap provides for a comfortable, easily adjustable fit. The polycarbonate lens provides impact resistance. Meets or exceeds ANSI Z87.1+ Standards.|
||8" x 13-1/2" impact-polycarbonate clear full-face shield with visor. Fully-adjustable headgear for maximum comfort; easy flip-up shield with tension-adjust. Meets workplace safety regulations including ANSI Z87.1, CEEN 166 & CSA Z94.3. Essential safety tool protects face & eyes from debris, solvent/paint overspray. High-grade polycarbonate provides clear view with minimal distortion.|
||Professional-grade auto-darkening helmet with ultra-large 6" square view. User-selected variable dark-shades from 9 to 13; light shade 4. Automatic shield-darken reaction time of 1/10,000 second. Solar cell recharges internal Lithium battery-auto-darken works in all light conditions. Rugged impact-resistant polycarbonate, ratcheting comfort-ft headband.|
||Ideal for use with welding applications; Rigid 50 mm dual cup for optimal eye protection; Elastic headband helps the goggles stay in place for lasting protection; Number-5 shade shields against brightness; Compact design for easy, durable transport|