Marc Adams Videos: Woodworking Techniques(Available as Downloadable Videos or Order by Mail DVD's)
- Marc discusses simple ways to design furniture and explores form, function, ornamentation, and the process of woodworking.
- This video comes with a printable PDF file that contains the plans for the night stand, Arts and Crafts bookcase, and cabriole-leg table shown in the video.
- He guides you through the process of preparing the wood before you finish, including lumber selection, managing mill marks, sanding, and removing glue.
- Marc covers design and layout ideas, tips on shaping wood, assembly solutions, repairing tricks, special jigs and fixtures, and finishing secrets.
- Marc covers the importance of understanding control guards, shields, pushsticks, stops, and pinch points. Much attention is given to ways to eliminate kickback, along with feed rates, cutting depths, and how to stand at each machine.
- The joints covered in this video include dovetails cut by hand, half-blind dovetails, how to cut and lay out drawers, as well as making sliding dovetails on a router table.
- Some of the aspects Marc Adams discusses are how laminates are manufactured, cutting techniques, substrates, adhesives, post forming, edging, and edge-banding as well as use of a vacuum press.
- This video illustrates many creative ways in working with veneer and the art of marquetry. Marc covers the selecting, handling, flattening, and dyeing of veneer, as well as what glues to use and how to press the veneer.
- Marc discusses wood selection, bending-wood properties, understanding compression/tension, potential bending failures, adhesives, and proper conditioning.
- Marc discusses helpful routing techniques, and how to build several unique jigs and fixtures to help in your woodworking projects. How to create cope-and-stile door joints, mortise and tenons, fake dovetails, inlays, circles, and ellipses are among the exciting techniques Marc Adams shares.
These videos are brought to you
in association with:
|In "Cabinetmaking," Marc Adams takes you through the process of making cabinets that you will take pride in and enjoy for years to come. In this video, you begin with the design and layout of both kitchen cabinets and furniture-type cabinetry, as well as choosing your materials and stock preparation. Also covered is carcase construction, making drawers, doors, mounting the hardware, making the top, and installing exterior moldings. There is a special segment on finishing and maintaining your projects. "Cabinetmaking" is an informative video by an accomplished craftsman that will surely expand your woodworking techniques and will be a resource you will refer to again and again!|