Weekend With WOOD 2017
May 18 through May 21, 2017Premier Woodworking Educational Event
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Invest in a "life-changing" weekend learning from master woodworkers in the WOOD magazine shops and headquarters.
44 subjects to choose from. Whether you're a veteran woodworker, a weekend warrior, or setting up shop for the first time, Weekend with WOOD™ will put you at the top of your game. You'll get an up-close, intensive instruction from the world's best woodworkers including Kevin Boyle, Jim Heavey, Bob Hunter, Steve Lamberti, Tom McLaughlin, Terry Moore, John Olson, Mario Rodriguez, Craig Ruegsegger, Brian Simmons, George Vondriska, Bob Behnke, Sam Hamory, Vic Tesolin and Steve & Jeremy Stevenson.
Customize your own class schedule from more than 40 topics for all skill levels: cabinetmaking, project design, joinery, hand- and power-tool skills, finishing, turning, and more. Class sizes are purposely limited to encourage student/teacher interaction.
Upon purchase, you will be directed to download an information packet that includes instructions for reserving your classes.
Sessions will be held right where we make sawdust: the shop and offices at WOOD magazine's World Headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa.
Ample seating and large video screens in each class help you see the tiniest details of each presentation.
Your Tuition Includes:
- Three 2-hour class sessions Friday
- Three 2-hour class sessions Saturday
- Two 2-hour class sessions Saturday
- Buffet lunches on both Friday and Saturday
- A reception on Thursday evening
- A ''swag bag'' of woodworking goodies!
- Optional events for you and your spouse
We have special optional events planned to keep your spouse entertained and informed while you're at Weekend With WOOD! You'll...
- Tour of historic Winterset, Iowa, home of the covered bridges of Madison County.
- Trip back in time with a visit to Living History Farms.
- Tour of Terrace Hill, Iowa's governor's residence and a national historic landmark.
- Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of Meredith Corporation, including the Better Homes and Gardens Test Kitchen, Test Garden, Photo Studio, and more.
- Inspiring and informative sessions about food, gardening, and more, taught by experts from Allrecipes, Country Gardens, and Midwest Living magazines.
- A swag bag of goodies, and door prizes
You may cancel your registration for this event until April 14, 2017, by phone or e-mail, both of which can be found on your e-mail receipt.
- Your tuition will be refunded, less a $50 fee for processing.
- After April 28, 2017, no refunds will be made.
- Substitutions may be made until April 28, 2017, by contacting us by phone or e-mail.
- Substitutions will incur a $50 processing fee.
- After April 28, 2017, no substitutions may be made.